Friday, July 26, 2013

Surgery and a Birthday

So I pretty much suck at this whole blogging thing! Its been crazy here the past few months with all the holidays, birthdays, Surgery and moving to California I've been a little stressed. Crue turned one on July 18th! I can't believe it, it's totally crazy! He had surgery to correct his club feet on July 17th. The surgery took about 3 hours and everything went great. He has to wear casts on his legs for the next 5 to 7 weeks and then he'll be fitted for a foot brace after that. Not sure how long he'll have to wear the brace for though, but he is such an amazing little boy, the first thing he did when he woke up out of surgery was smile! I just love him! We had to stay over night in the hospital so unfortunately Crue was in there on his birthday, but the nurses threw him a little party before we went home. When we got home we also had a little party of our own with the fam! So fun! Aside from surgery Crue has been doing great with physical therapy. He can sit independently for a short period of time, He can roll over, and we are now working on army crawling. He talks non stop (baby talk of course!) he can say hi, yeah, dad, mom, brother, and bottle! I'm sure I'm the only one who can understand him but it is so cute! I love it! We are in the process of ordering him the cutest little wheelchair I have ever seen, I'll post pics when we get it. It looks like a bumbo seat with wheels! so cute, Can't wait! Oh and about the whole California move. For those of you who don't know Joe was offered a job in California that was to good to pass up, so we will be moving there soon. Joe is actually already there, he started his training on the 22nd. He is doing the same thing he was doing for Rocky Mountain Power but with a different company...a better company. I'm going to be moving out there soon, I stayed behind so Crue could get his surgery and castings done, but hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be moving down. We are excited but very nervous about the move. I just hope it's the right thing for us! wish us luck!! Well I think that's it for now. Until next time!!

above: getting ready for surgery
Below: After surgey













Birthday Pics










One year Pics





2nd set of casts
Happy again after 2nd surgery!




3 comments:

  1. Aubrey he is adorable. I hope things are going well for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweetheart! Havent been on for awhile, and just saw all of this wonderful progression for your family! Hope all goes well in california and with your lives. stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is possibly the cutest little man out there. Such a happy baby! So happy things are going good for you. Hope you're liking California!

    ReplyDelete